What should you do? Well, as this is your home I can't really tell you! I can't give you a step by step guide to the perfect project because it has to come from your heart. To find your project consider what makes you unique, what are the things that instantly make people think of you? The things you love to do? What makes you smile? Chances are you can turn one of those things into a project. It doesn't have to be arty or too involved, it just has to be something unique to you. Something nobody else would do in quite the same way.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Make a special display of teacups, or some other collection
- Paint an abstract canvas with a special word that means something to you
- Dye lots of cheap cushion covers your favourite colour
- Set up an alter or meditation corner
- Create a reading nook
- Frame your "signature" recipe and hang it in the kitchen
- Stencil your favourite foods and other kitchen words (like "whisk" and "simmer") onto a plain blind to hang in the kitchen (or relaxing words for the bathroom).
- Group some candles together into a display, including something scented
- Create a miniature garden in a bowl using miniature cacti, or perhaps a fairy garden with alpine plants and moss
I would never have said that daffs were my favourite flower, but do you know, I think they are. They are the only flower I always buy when I see them for sale, the only one that never fails to make me smile when I see them growing. So now I'm looking for ways to use that in a project, I'm sure I'll plant some bulbs in the garden but I'll probably do something for inside the house as well, perhaps a table runner or a wall hanging. Watch this space and see what I come up with!